Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Steven Tyler To Record Solo Album


Steven Tyler has revealed to RollingStone.com that he will begin work on his debut solo album in early 2014.

"Joe has done, like, four solo albums,"Steven said. "I never have, though with lyrics and arrangements and so forth a lot of Aerosmith albums are just fine for me. It's cathartic. But I had a lot of fun doing '(It) Feels So Good'. I wrote that with Marti Frederiksen.

"I've got this itch in me to do a solo record, and that's what I'm gonna do next. I've got some great people that want to get involved in it.

"It's early on right now, but that's the itch I got. I got that itch to do something that's a lot different than 
Aerosmith.  Aerosmith s never been better, but we did that album. This last album was an Aerosmith all-for-one-and-one-for-all. But my heart is in stuff like that weirder, off-the-cuff stuff that I'm not sure Aerosmith would like.

"I'm into electronica - I was when I used to listen to Stockhausen in '65. So there's just a lot of stuff - good, weird fucking music that I want to get off my chest. The band will be playing, and we're going to China and Singapore. It's gonna open up a whole new world for 
Aerosmith  So Aerosmith will always be around, but I got this itch and I know how to scratch it."

No comments:

Post a Comment