Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Black Sabbath´s Future "Depends on Tony", Says Ozzy Osbourne


Andrew Perry of The Telegraph recently conducted an interview with Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler. A couple of excerpts from the Osbourne portion of the chat follow below.

On the chart success of Black Sabbath's new album, "13":

Ozzy: "I knew it was a fucking good album, but when somebody just told me it's gone top in fifty countries - I didn't know there were fifty countries, and I'm number one in all of them! I'm just devastated."

On why 
Black Sabbath's initial attempt to record together around again eleven years ago failed:

Ozzy: "[It was because of] my ego - I was riding on this fucking cloud of being television's new megastar for five minutes. I was doing well on my own, so it took me a while to get that balanced out in my head. I mean, it's not Ozzy Osbourne and 
Black Sabbath  It's fucking Black Sabbath  It's different from me doing my own thing."

On whether the touring cycle for "13" will mark the end of 
Black Sabbath:

Ozzy: "It depends on Tony. At the moment, we're doing so many weeks on the road, then he has to go back for more treatment [after being diagnosed with lymphoma]. He's had chemo and radiotherapy, and now he's on a thing to boost his immune system. I really hope it's gone for good. I'm sure it has. But you never know with that stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment