Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Udo Dirkschneider: New 14 Min Video Interview

On June 17, Rustyn Rose of Metalholic.com conducted an interview with former c and current U.D.O. frontman Udo Dirkschneider. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below. A couple of excerpts follow.


On why he thinks he is constantly being asked about the possibility of him rejoining Accept:

Udo: "I did a reunion back in the '90s with Accept. We did three albums - 'Objection Overruled', 'Death Row' and 'Predator' - but in the end, it [didn't] work out. They did the same mistake with 'Predator' - they tried to be too commercial, so that was already a point when [it was clear] the reunion (wasn't going to) work out. In between, in 2005, we did, not a reunion, but just special festival shows in Europe. But there was no thinking to do a real reunion with a studio album or something like that. (And then) in 2009, they phoned me up and [asked me] if I'm interested to do a reunion. [chuckles] And then I said, 'Guys, this is a very hard thing for me. I mean, I would have to cut down U.D.O. I mean, U.D.O. is quite successful. This is not so easy.' So I said, 'OK, if I do a reunion with you guys, then we have to talk about a lot of things' . . . So I said, 'OK, there is one main point for me. If I do this reunion and this reunion doesn't work out again, I cannot come out for the third time with U.D.O. Then I have to continue under the name Accept.' And Wolf (Hoffmann, Accept guitarist) has the rights to the name; that's another story. So then he said 'No,' he didn't wanna do this. And I said, 'OK, sorry. Then forget everything. Then I continue with U.D.O. I wish you good luck. And bye-bye.' That is the whole story. But what I don't like about Wolf at the moment is that he is telling in all the interviews that I was not interested to do this reunion and this is wrong.":

No comments:

Post a Comment