Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Awesome Album Series #8: AC/DC "Powerage"



In 1978 AC/DC detonated the brilliant “Powerage” album. Often overlooked and underrated, I think the LP is filled with awesome tracks! One of my all time fav AC/DC song is “Kicked in the Teeth” - it’s raw and an absolute perfect way to close the album.

“Powerage” marked the studio debut of Cliff Williams, and his work on this one is perfect! From the kick off with “Rock ’n’ Roll Damnation” to the excellent closer, oh well - it’s awesomeness par excellence all the way!




I never got the pleasure of seeing Bon Scott live, but saw them live in Norway twice in the 80s. I think i will see them this summer too. Luckily I stumbled upon this pearl - Live in Glasgow 1978:


1 comment: