Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Megadeth: "It Would Be Great' To Play With Hetfield And Ulrich Again," Says Dave Mustaine


Harry of the Minneapolis, Minnesota radio station 93X recently conducted an interview with Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine . You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below.

When asked about the status of his proposed "supergroup" with David Ellefson (bass; Megadeth), James Hetfield (guitar/vocals, Metallica) and Lars Ulrich (drums; Metallica), Mustane said, "Yeah, that was just me talking. I don't think [James and Lars are] interested in doing that. It would be cool, and I've mentioned it to them before. I just think that they're so busy that they don't have time to do something like that. My wife and James' wife are friends, and they talk a lot. From what I know, too, there's a lot of work that those guys do, and they're gone a lot, and they tour a lot, so for them to take on a project like that, I think it would have to really be a labor of love. Of course, David and I would do it, 'cause I think it would be great to play with them again. When I went up there and did the 30th-anniversary thing, I thought it was really cool. Megadeth is doing really fine right now. I'm not in the place to be asking for favors from anybody. I like who I am right now, I'm satisfied with where my career's at. But don't kid yourself, if we got together and played, I imagine it would be really cool. It wouldn't be anything like Megadeth, of course, and it wouldn't be anything like Metallica. But we'll see what happens. Maybe with enough people asking them, they'll buckle. [Laughs]"

Mustaine joined his former Metallica bandmates on stage on December 10th, 2011 for the fourth and final intimate show at the Fillmore in San Francisco as part of the group's week-long celebration of its 30th anniversary as a band for fan club members only. 


No comments:

Post a Comment