Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Guns N` Roses: All Original Members To Attend Rock Hall Induction



Guns N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed has told Billboard.com that the band's entire original lineup - including guitarist Slash and vocalist Axl Rose - will attend the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony on April 14th in Cleveland. "I know that all the original band is going to be there," Reed said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."


When asked if there is a possibility that the musicians - Rose, guitarists Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Gilby Clarke, bassist Duff McKagan and drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum - will put aside well-publicized differences at the ceremony and pick up their instruments together, Reedtold Billboard.com, "Honestly, we haven't spoken about it. I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it - but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."


During a 2009 interview with longtime friend and former road manager Del James, first published on Spinner, Rose called former Guns N' Roses axeman Slash a "cancer."


"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty," Rose told James. "There is the distinct possibility that having his intentions in regard to me so deeply ingrained and his personal, though guarded, distaste for much of 'Appetite` the band's diamond-certified debut album] other than his or Duff's playing, Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies'. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."


A year later, Slash responded to Axl's comments, saying in an interview, "For one, I've never said anything derogatory about anyone's performance on 'Appetite'. So right from the start it's just off." 


Furthermore the guitarist, who lost his mother to lung cancer, revealed that though he agreed with the sentiment behind some of Rose's comments, the singer's choice of wording was tough to take.


"The cancer thing, I'll go with him on that, that fits into his description of things. I wouldn't use the word 'cancer' but I haven't gone anywhere and I don't seem to be going anywhere so that's justified," Slash said. "Actually, I lost my mom to cancer so that was a little bit of hard rhetoric at that particular time, but it's typical Axl stuff... I know how he comes off and how he really is, so I give him credit where hopefully it's due."

No comments:

Post a Comment