Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Michael Schenker: New Audio Interview Posted Online


Metal Shock Finland recently conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Michael Schenker  in London, England. You can now stream the chat using the SoundCloud player below.


When asked about working with different musicians on his new album,"Temple Of Rock", Michael said, "I didn’t have any of those things planned. At the time I was working on a touring project with Herman Rarebell and Pete Way and I was also looking for a studio to make a new record. Michael Voss offered his studio, so I asked him to help me out with vocals and when I heard him, I said, 'Wow, he can sing!' so I asked him to join me, then Pete and Herman wanted to join in. So I then thought it would be great to have musicians I worked with in the past and they were all available."

Schenker will tour in support of the "Temple Of Rock" album with different lineups all around the world. The trek will include performances by each of the three singers that appear on the CD: Michael Voss,Robin McAuley and Doogie White.

Schenker's U.K. "Temple Of Rock" concerts in May will mark the first time his touring band will include ex-SCORPIONS members Herman Rarebell (drums) and Francis Buchholz (bass). The dates will feature a plethora of hits spanning Schenker's colorful career, including UFO's"Rock Bottom" and "Doctor Doctor"; MSG's "Armed And Ready"and "Into The Arena"; Scorpions classics "Another Piece Of Meat" and "Rock You like a Hurricane"; plus new songs from"Temple Of Rock". 


Michael Schenker Interview 16/01/12 by BLACKDIAMOND

No comments:

Post a Comment