Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sweet: New Video Interview With Founder Steve Priest

The latest episode of the "Focus In The Mix With Denise Ames" TV show includes part one of an interview with Sweet founding member Steve Priest. You can now watch it below.


"Focus In The Mix With Denise Ames" airs the first and third Friday of each month on Time Warner's channel 165 at 7:30 p.m. throughout North L.A. County and streaming at this location.

"Are You Ready? Sweet Live", Sweet's first live album in 20 years, was released by Varese Sarabande Records on October 18. The CD was recorded in 2008 in Southern California and includes a previously unavailable studio recording of The Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There".

"It has been a great experience for me to continue to fly the flag high for my band Sweet, which was one of the best bands to come out of England in the '70s, in my humble opinion," commented Steve Priest. "I have surrounded myself with amazing musicians to bring these songs alive with the recording of this album. The band has the energy and aggressiveness that we started out with, and I hope that I have helped it reach its most authentic peak as one of the songwriters and the only living original founding member of the group. I feel we have captured the nature of the beast as it were and we will continue to bring these songs to you live and in person so we can share this Sweet experience together."

For more information, visit www.thesweetband.com.



STEVE PRIEST of SWEET (pt 1) on 'Focus in the Mix with Denise Ames' from Focus in the Mix w/ Denise Ames on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment