Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Jason Bonham: Working On New Material With Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones

On Friday morning, mere hours before he was due to take the stage with Foreigner at Detroit’s GM Renaissance Center, drummer Jason Bonham - the son of late Led Zeppelin  legend John Bonham - told Jim Johnson and Lynne Woodison of local rock station 94.7 WCSX that he’d be an ex-member of Foreigner as of September 1st. Bonham also revealed that he’s been meeting up with Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones in recent months and that they’ve been “trying to do some new material and writing.”

“I’ve been over (to England) a couple of times,” Bonham said. “I’ve been working with Jimmy and John Paul and trying to do … some new material and some writing. I don’t know what it will be, but it will be something. At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material. When I get there, I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it. Whatever it ends up as, to ever get a chance to jam with two people like that, it is a phenomenal thing for me. It’s my life. It’s what I’ve dreamed about doing.”

Read the entire report
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment