Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Glenn Hughes: New 30 Min Video Interview Posted Online

FaceCulture recently conducted an interview with legendary singer and bassist Glenn Hughes. You can now watch the chat in six parts below.

Glenn Hughes released his long-awaited autobiography, "Deep Purple And Beyond: Scenes From The Life Of A Rock Star", via Foruli Publications in May. The book was co-written with Joel McIver and features an introduction by Metallica's Lars Ulrich.

You can flip through some pages from the limited-edition hardback version of Glenn's autobiography at this location.

Speaking to FaceCulture about his autobiography, Hughes said, "In the '70s and '80s, I was a very notorious drug addict, I was a very famous cocaine addict. I don't say that to be arrogant, but I was one of the first rock stars to become, 'Oh, Glenn Hughes, he's a cocaine addict.'"

"There are things that I never told anybody until the book. Let's just say that I disappeared in the '90s for awhile and nobody knew where I was and I didn't tell anybody. People thought I was actually on a boat in the Mediterranean and I wasn't - I was somewhere else. I was basically being another person under another name being completely isolated and it almost killed me."












No comments:

Post a Comment