Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ozzy Osbourne: On Black Sabbath Reunion: "I Haven't Got a Clue"

Darryl Sterdan of the QMI Agency recently conducted an interview with legendary heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

QMI Agency: What would you go back and change about the albums (1980's "Blizzard Of Ozz" and 1981's "Diary Of A Madman") if you could?

Ozzy: Nothing! I wouldn't change anything. Why would I want to change them? They were perfectly good the way they were.

QMI Agency: But you did replace the original bass and drum tracks in 2002 during a royalty dispute with the musicians. These versions restore the original performances. Do you regret changing them?

Ozzy: My wife's my manager. I don't handle any of the business. I wasn't a fan of replacing the original things, but that was purely a business decision to get people off our backs. I didn't want to do it, but they forced my hand, you know. But really, that's a question you should ask my wife. I'm just happy we could go back and use the original parts.

QMI Agency: It seems every time one member of Black Sabbath mentions a reunion, another one shoots it down. Do you think it will ever happen?

Ozzy: I haven't got a clue. If they want to call me, they can call me. I never say never. If it works, fine. If it don't, I'll move on. It ain't the end of the world. I ain't gonna get a box of Kleenex and cry my eyes out for the rest of my life.

QMI Agency: Why is it so hard for you four to agree?

Ozzy: Well, we're not kids anymore. I don't wanna bullshit them and I don't want them to bullshit me. Why should I go back to that and be unhappy when I'm happy right now? I mean, I would love to do a great album with Black Sabbath. I would love to get the credit we so roundly deserve. At the same time, the pressure would be really intense. I could go tomorrow and make an album with them, but it wouldn't necessarily be something I would be proud of.

Read the entire interview from QMI Agency.


No comments:

Post a Comment