Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sammy Hagar: New Video Trailer For Upcoming Autobiography

Sammy Hagar’s new autobiography, “Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock,” is due out next week and in an interview with Musicradar, Hagar promises not to pull any punches so far as his relationship with Eddie Van Halen is concerned.

Hagar said that he had second thoughts about painting such a brutal picture of him, but decided it was a story he needed to tell or otherwise be seen as the villain of the piece.

“Eddie’s always made me out to be the bad guy. He’s always had the upper hand when it comes to the press and could tell the story and frame it the way he wanted.

“The [2004] reunion tour, for example: I just thought that story needed to be told so that fans know why everything’s happened the way it has. I didn’t like what was going on at the time and how everything went down. I didn’t like the way Mikey [Michael Anthony] was treated and the way they tried to treat me.

“They – and I’m talking about Eddie and Alex here – really made the experience unpleasant. I tried to get out of that tour. After 40 shows, I tried to quit. That’s how bad it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment