Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Deep Purple: Ian Gillan Talks To Classic Rock; Exclusive Interview Posted Online



Geoff Barton of Classic Rock recently did an exclusive interview with Ian Gillan of Deep Purple, who talks about Tony Iommi and the WhoCares project – and the future of Deep Purple. Read excerpts below:

GB: To close, we simply must talk about Deep Purple. It’s true that Bob Ezrin is producing your new album?

IG: It looks that way. I’m not sure I’m allowed to say anything until contracts are signed but it seems… let’s put it this way, I’m booking a flight out to Nashville on June 23. So I’m sure he will be [producing], yes.
GB: June 23 is when you’re going to kick off the recording?

IG: The whole thing, the writing and everything, yes. We’ve got six weeks to do it.
GB: Bob Ezrin is an interesting choice…

IG: I think it’s great to work with different producers and Bob Ezrin has got an amazing track record. No pun intended. He came up to see us to talk it through and everyone fell in love with him. I think the idea of working with somebody you’ve got respect for professionally and personally… it’s going to make it easy. To be honest, what I think we’re looking for is one of those old-pro type approaches where you have guidance and a great sound. That’s what we want. To cut out the rubbish, which we always recognise too late. We need an objective ear, I think that’s really important. I’m looking forward to it very much.
Read the entire interview here. Also check out the the new Classic Rock web pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment