Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tony Iommi: Talks Autobiography In Live Chat; Replay Available


Tony Iommi talked about his memoir, "Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven And Hell With Black Sabbath", on Livestream Tuesday, November 1st.

To watch the show, click on the Livestream video below.

"Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven And Hell With Black Sabbath" is being be released in the United States on November 1 in hardback by Perseus Books/DeCapo Press.

Da Capo reportedly paid a six-figure amount at auction for the rights to the 352-page book, which was described as "'Angela's Ashes' meets'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' meets 'Spinal Tap'" by Foundry Literary + Media co-founder Peter McGuigan, who completed the North American rights deal for the memoir.

In a recent interview with Guitar World magazine, Iommi explained how his autobiography came together. "I had a chap called TJ Lammers, who I met many, many years ago when he used to work atPhonogram Records," he said. "He later became a journalist and he had his own magazine. He lives in Holland and we've stayed in touch over the years. I've had a few people say, 'Oh, I can write a book for you,' but I wanted a different outlook to the normal music journalist, and that's what happened. He came over to England and stayed with me for a few days. Then he'd write it up, come back again and do more. The whole thing took a couple years to finish."

When asked how his book is different to the typical rock biography,Iommi said, "I don't know. I don't read rock biographies, so it could be the same, it could be different. It's just my life, really. It's about what happened and what I grew up from, and how I've gone through life to where I am now. It's something I probably should have done a long time ago because there are so many books out now. I've been meaning to do it for many, many years but never got around to it."




No comments:

Post a Comment