Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Slash: Talks New Solo Album, Velvet Revolver, Possible Gn'R "Hall Of Fame" Reunion

Gary Graff of Billboard.com recently conducted an interview with Slash . A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On his next solo album, which is being recorded with the same Myles Kennedy-fronted band he took on tour to promote 2010's "Slash" and with whom he recorded the upcoming live set "Made in Stoke 24/7/11":

Slash: "Based on the relationship that we've developed and the chemistry we've got going, I started writing material with Myles and the guys in the band in mind . . It's very different from the last one. There's a lot of freedom on this record; it's very diverse, but it's definitely the sound of one band with a lot of different ideas. This is probably the most 'live' recorded album I've ever done, too. The way I like to do records is rehearse, rehearse, rehears and then go in and get to know the song like the back of your hand and then go in and bang it out. That's how we're doing it."

On the current status of Velvet Revolver, which has been singer-less since parting ways with Scott Weiland in April 2008:

Slash: "(We will get together in December to) spend some time with a couple of singers - that's all I can tell you."

On havings taken ownership of all the music he's played on over the years:

Slash: "I realized that I actually have a catalog at this point. There's a body of work that I can refer to. And I just pulled stuff that I wanted to play, a lot of stuff that I hadn't played in a really long time. Playing 'Nightrain' was a gas; that's something I hadn't done since the mid-90s. I just had this freedom to do whatever I wanted, so it was really fun and there was a lot of material to pull from."

On Guns n' Roses' nomination for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame's class of 2012:

Slash: "It's become very prestigious over the years, and it's become a huge honor for anybody to be inducted into it - or even nominated, for that matter. It's a cool accolade, I suppose. Obviously we're in really, really great company . . . Of course, you have those thoughts of how it might work in case it does happen, but with Guns 'n Roses, there's really no guessing exactly how it will go. I suppose if it happens, everybody will get some sort of ducks in order. But I think the first thing to do is wait and see if we actually get inducted, because you know how unpredictable that is."

Read more from
 Billboard.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment