Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Michael Schenker, Leslie West And Uli Jon Roth: "3 Guitar Heroes Tour"; More Details

Michael Schenker, Uli Jon Roth and Leslie West have announced that they are combining their collective powers and hitting the road together with the monumental "3 Guitar Heroes Tour". Manager Bob Ringe was the mastermind behind the union, and there are some very special surprises for this excursion. Following sets by each artist, the evening will climax with a jam of these highly influential artists on stage together, with special guests.



Michael Schenker is a German rock legend. He was a founding member of the Scorpions, and the lead guitarist for UFO prior to launching a highly successful solo career. He is a historical figure in the history of metal guitar, with a very successful line of Dean Signature instruments and was honored on November 10th, 2010 in London with the Marshall "11" award, a tribute to those who represent rock 'n' excess and livin' on the edge.

Leslie West is focused on the future and the September 20th release of his upcoming album "Unusual Suspects" (Provogue), featuring an assemblage of superstars in their own right that includes Slash, Billy F. Gibbons, Zakk Wylde, Steve Lukather, and Joe Bonamassa, alongside drummer Kenny Aronoff. From the Sixties through today, he has been revered by artists and fans alike. He has been in command of one of the biggest, boldest electric guitar tones known to humankind from the 1969 Woodstock Festival that placed his band Mountain in to historical lore through today. His voice is even more recognizable, and the powerful mix of honey and gravel that falls somewhere between Otis Redding and King Kong, never sounded better than it does on the upcoming album. 



On the plans for this excursion Leslie West shared, "I am honored to be a part of the 3 Guitar Heroes Tour with Uli Roth and Michael Schenker. My manager Bob and I have been discussing a run like this for ages, and when the opportunity came up I hopped on board. That's right - the guy who just had his leg amputated. These guys are monster players and this should be a lot of fun."

Michael Schenker offers, "It is very exciting to be part of a tour that has very deeply rooted connections with two guitarists that have been at their best since the start of their careers. When I was around 14 years-old, I saw a guy on stage playing amazing guitar. It was Uli, and he was around my age. Three years later while with the Scorpions, I chose to join UFO and found the best possible replacement in Uli. I knew my brother Rudolf and Klaus were in good hands. When I was 16 years old, Leslie West was one of my favorite guitarists. He had just recorded 'Theme For An Imaginary Western' with Mountain, a song featuring one of my all time favorite lead-breaks on it. Looking back, Leslie is the last guitarist I ever copied seeing that from when I was 17 on, I went completely my own way. So, here we are after all these years on stage together, celebrating the phenomenon - Rock Guitar."

For tour dates and more info head here.




No comments:

Post a Comment