Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Anthrax: Benante And Ian Talks "Judas Priest" (Video)

A three-minute video clip of Anthrax members Scott Ian and Charlie Benante talking about the band's new song "Judas Priest" can be see below (courtesy of AOL's Noisecreep). The track comes off Anthrax's long-awaited new album, "Worship Music". The band's first studio release in eight years marks the return of vocalist Joey Belladonna, whose last studio work with the group was 1990's "Persistence Of Time".

In a recent interview with GuitarWorld.com, 
Anthrax guitarist Rob Caggiano states about "Judas Priest", "This is an interesting song. This was the other song that got re-worked. 'Judas Priest' was originally called'Maniacal', and at the time, on the first go-round of the record, it had my favorite lead on it. I thought it was one of the best parts on the whole album; even the riff under the solo I thought was awesome. The original version of the song, though, I think reminded everyone too much of 'the other guy,' if you know what I mean. There wasn't anything wrong with the song, it just had a negative vibe to it. We felt like it needed to be re-worked and re-written, so to make a long story short, some of the riffs are the same but the majority of the song is completely different now. Along with 'I'm Alive', I'd have to say this is one of my favorite leads on the album. I was on tour with The Damnes Things when we were wrapping up work on the album. This was the last song to get finished on the album. I basically had to play the lead on a tour bus in Belgium! (laughs)"

No comments:

Post a Comment