Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Black Country Communion: "Man In The Middle"; New Video Released

"Man In The Middle", the new video from Black Country Communion, can be viewed below. The track comes off the band's second album, simply entitled "2", which will be released in Europe on June 13 via Mascot Records and in the U.S. on June 14 through the J&R Adventures label.

"2" track listing:

01. The Outsider
02. Man In The Middle
03. I Can See Your Spirit
04. The Battle For Hadrian's Wall
05. Save Me
06. Cold
07. Smokestack Woman
08. Faithless
09. An Ordinary Son
10. Little Secret
11. Crossfire
12. Crawl


Glenn Hughes is featured in a new interview with Classic Rock Revisited founder Jeb Wright, discussing the album, "2". An excerpt is available below: 


Jeb: Your vocal style continues to amaze me. You have the fountain of youth when it comes to your voice. You are attacking this album, physically, with tons of energy. How do you continue to do that and still produce such amazing results?

Glenn: "I’ve got to tell you the truth; I have never, ever, ever been so inspired and ambitious as I am now. I won’t name names but let's just say that some of my peers have taken their foot off the gas and they aren’t writing like they used to. Not your friend, Glenn, I am going, 'Fuck this shit man, give me the flag and lets run with this baby.' You could say that I am driven.

I don’t mind telling your readers this for the first time in an interview; Big Daddy has a vocal coach. All the great tennis players and athletes have coaches and my friend Stevie Wonder has a vocal coach. Big Daddy went and got a vocal coach and it is paying off for me. I have to warm up my voice, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water and really watch what I am doing but that is the way to do it, as the results are great. If you don’t take care of yourself then you will be in trouble."

Jeb: Talk to me about (drummer) Jason Bonham. He sounds a lot like his dad on this album.

Glenn: "I am telling you man, and I told you this when we talked last year, I knew the guys in Led Zeppelin and John Bonham was a major, major component, not just as a drummer but also as an arranger in that band. We have the same common denominator. Jason Bonham is playing the best drums of his fucking life right now. We went for the same sonic. Kevin knows how to do that. We got the Bonham sound. We went for that and we fucking got it."

Go to this location for the complete interview. 

No comments:

Post a Comment