Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Slash: New Video Interview; On Velvet Revolver And Corey Taylor



Vorterix.com conducted an interview with Slash when he performed in Buenos Aires, Argentina last week. You can now watch the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow.

On the current status of Velvet Revolver:

Slash: "What happens is with Velvet Revolver, when we parted ways with [singer] Scott Weiland, I was so frustrated because Scott was such a pain in the ass. And I thought, 'I just wanna have some quiet time and just write some music,' and then the idea of doing the solo record came up. And in the meantime, no new singers for Velvet Revolver, that were really good enough for Velvet Revolver, popped up. So I just started working on the solo record, and put it out and went on the road. But the whole time (I was) very conscious of (trying to find someone) who was going to sing for Velvet Revolver - but no one's turned up. So in the meantime I just keep doing what it is that I do and I've got a great bunch of guys that I work with [in my solo band], I enjoy working with them. I'm having a lot of fun; there's no unnecessary hassles or anything, and everybody's good players. And now we're writing music for (my) next (solo) record, which is gonna be killer. 


On the rumor that Velvet Revolver was recording with Corey Taylor and that Velvet Revolver was close to announcing Taylor as the band's new singer:

Slash: "Because of the social networking, and the way that information gets out so quickly now… We 
did work with Corey Taylor, and as soon as that rumor (got around), next thing you know, everybody is saying Corey's the new singer. And all we were doing was just rehearsing with him and trying him out — auditioning him, so to speak. So, in order to do that, our process is to… we take a lot of music that we wrote and we give it to him and he writes his lyrics and he comes in and we just perform it and record it and see (what it sounds like).






No comments:

Post a Comment