Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Metallica: Rick Rubin To Produce Next Album

Kevin Conklin and Patrick Tish of the 93.7 KCLB Rocks! radio station (web site) in Palm Springs, California conducted an interview with Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo yesterday (Saturday, April 23) at the "Big Four" concert at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California. The chat can now be viewed below.


When asked if Metallica will once again work with producer Rick Rubinon its follow-up to 2008's "Death Magnetic", Trujillo said:


"Yeah. I love working with Rick. Rick, to me, he's sort of a Zen guru spirit that Metallica needs right now. Not to say that we need it right now, 'cause we're getting along incredibly well, we're really excited to write some new music. There's no shortage of riffage in Metallica world right now. And I think it's only gonna get better. The first album with Rick was also the first album for me, so in a lot of ways, you're kind of testing the water. Now that we're comfortable with Rick and his incredible engineer, Greg Fidelman, who worked with Slayer, actually, on this last record - it's my hero - it's a great team. And it's only gonna better; I really believe that. So I'm super-excited. I know that we've got another couple (of records) in us. And I think there's a demand. It seems like we've got some new fans, and they're waiting (for new music from Metallica)."



No comments:

Post a Comment