Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Monday, April 11, 2011

John Elefante And Mastedon: New Album "Revolution Of Mind"

The first singer/keyboardist to replace Steve Walsh in Kansas, John Elefante, has just issued a new album from his solo band (credited to John Elefante And Mastedon), titled "Revolution Of Mind". Elefante recently spoke with Jeb Wright at Classic Rock Revisited about the record and his Kansas career; an excerpt from the interview is available below.

Jeb: Was it hard to replace Steve Walsh?

John: "It was hard. I knew there were going to be a lot of people going, 'We hate you!' It was what it was, and it is what it is. It was fairly short lived but it was a big part of my life. I don’t want to call it a stepping stone because that will make it sound like I used it somehow, but it has really shaped a lot of things that I have done."


Jeb: You have a done a lot outside of Kansas. You own a studio in Nashville,
you have a lot of solo albums, you have been Grammy nominated, and won three Grammy’s, but most guys like me remember you for being that guy who replaced Steve Walsh of Kansas.

John: "I like to dig myself, once in a while. It’s good for all of us to get into that mode and dig ourselves. But if you have kids, like I do, they put you into your place. They go, 'Kansas? Who?' They will cut you down to size without even meaning to. They really put things into perspective."

Go to this location for the complete interview.




No comments:

Post a Comment