Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Duff McKagan: "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)" Autobiography Out In October

Duff McKagan's much-anticipated autobiography, "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)", is scheduled to arrive on October 4 via Touchstone Books.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, McKagan stated about the 304-page hardcover book:

"It's not really my story, it's really not even my autobiography or memoir. I think that term is overused. It is a story of some shit that happened to me, but probably not the typical (things) what people might expect. It's not my story of Guns N' Roses or Velvet Revolver. All of those things are sort of in it, because they're things I bounced through as I was getting deeper and deeper into addiction and finding my way out. It was challenging going through some of these things that I hadn't thought about for a long time. And writing forces you to take your own part of your life, of what role you actually played - as opposed to the one you make up later on."

"Many of you already know that I have been writing a book over the past year or more. Well, this week I got back a first and very rough edit, and I have, for the first time, sat down and read the whole thing," says Duff McKagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment