Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Black Sabbath: "If There's Some Longevity With Black Sabbath, Then I'd Like To Be A Part Of It", Says Bill Ward


Bill Ward - who in May announced again that he was declining to join his former bandmates for their scheduled 2012 dates, as well as the recording of a new album, due to a contractual dispute - was interviewed for "Black Sabbath And The Birth Of Heavy Metal", a six-part series presented by Vice.

Speaking about his relationship with the other members of Sabbath and his future plans, Ward told Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes, who is presenting the show (see video below), "There have been some very uncomfortable situations in the last six months. We'll see how that works out. But I stand for myself today. As much as I love them…

"I'll always play; that's my life."

He added, "If there's some longevity with Black Sabbath, then I'd like to be a part of it."

"I wanna play hard rock music. I wanna play loud drums. I love playing with Terry, I love playing with Ozz and I love playing with Tony. When Tony opens up with huge chords, I still get the same shiver up my back that I got when we were 18-year-old kids. It ain't gone away. It's still there.

"I feel really, really fortunate to have been able to have music in my heart and my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment