Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

KISS: Paul Stanley Talks "Monster", The Tour And More In New Interview




Paul Stanley recently spoke to Reuters about the tour, the band's new album "Monster," and the secret to the group's longevity.


Q: After all these years, do you still feel pressure when you hit the road?

A: "I do. I'm very excited about it but I also know there's a lot to live up to. We're really up against our own reputation and the legend of what KISS is supposed to be, and that grows bigger and bigger. How much of it's true I don't know, but we have to live up to that."

Q: So what can fans expect?

A: "The apocalypse! It's a lot more than people usually get in one night. It's being bombarded with rock ‘n' roll. Motley's co-headlining, and one thing we didn't want to do was the kind of sabotage between bands that happens. We always figured, let a band go out and do the greatest show they can, and that'll only amp us up to do what we do that much better. There's no ego clashes, and this is another way to give fans more than just a concert - it's an event."

Q: What about the new album which you also produced? What can fans expect from that?

A: "'Monster' is done. Its heart is beating, and it's chained down until we release it in October. I was asked if it's a great Kiss album and I said, forget about Kiss - I truly believe it's far beyond being a Kiss album. It's a great album of its genre with all the elements of all the classic bands that I listened to - all the music that inspired me - The Who, the Stones, Humble Pie, (Eric) Clapton, (Jimi) Hendrix, Led Zeppelin. That's what I grew up with, and it inspired me to create passion, chaos, something sexually aggressive that'd celebrate life. That's a description of rock ‘n' roll."

Read the full interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment