Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Dee Snider: "Shut Up and Give Me The Mic"; Autobiography Coming In May



Twisted Sister singer Dee Snider's autobiography, "Shut Up and Give Me The Mic", will be released in May from Gallery Books/Simon & Schuster, right before Warner Pictures releases the Tom Cruise,Alec Baldwin, Catherine Zeta Jones and Russell Brand film adaptation of the hit Broadway musical "Rock Of Ages", which features two of Snider's biggest hits.

Sinder wrote on Twitter earlier today, "Spent day going over final draft of my memoirs. Still have hundreds of pages to go."

In an August 2011 interview with Goldmine, Snider stated about his upcoming autobiography, "Right now it looks like it’s going to be about the rise and fall of Dee Snider. Basically, how I wanted be a rock star, what it took to get there, my struggle and then ultimately taking a tremendous fall, a devastating fall. Obviously I've come back from it, but I think people will take inspiration from it. It's inspiring and it's a cautionary tale."

Talking to Classic Rock last year about what people should expect from his book, Snider said, "Unlike others, I can remember what happened. I wasn't so out of it that I have to rely on what others tell me. This is the truth, not bullshit."

No comments:

Post a Comment