Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Carmine Appice: Talks Sabbath, King Kobra and Other Stuff

Carmine Appice is one of those rare drummers that has had success in different musical genres and has sat behind the kit for musical icons Ozzy Osbourne, Rod Stewart, Ted Nugent and Paul Stanley (just to name a few).

BraveWords.com caught up with the influential drummer for a quick chat. Read excerpts below.

BraveWords.com: How many Drum Wars shows do you plan on doing in all?
 
Appice: "We’re doing a couple, right now, to break it in and then after that… a lot of promoters don’t know what they’re talking about, but we’ll put together a Drum Wars promotional video and do some more shows in the summer.”
 
BraveWords.com: Since this is a ‘drum war’ – who is the better drummer between your brother and you?
 
Appice: "Well, I’m the original (laughs).”
 
BraveWords.com: So, in others words… better.
 
Appice: "Well, I don’t know if I’m better – you know what I’m saying? Vinny does certain things great and I do certain thing great also, but I’m the originator of the style that Vinny plays.”
 
BraveWords.com: Back when you were in Ozzy and Vinny was in Dio – was there a sense of competition?
 
Appice: "No, not at all. The way Vinny got the gig for Black Sabbath was that Sabbath actually called me and I couldn’t do it, so I recommended my brother. He auditioned and he got it.”
 

Read the entire interview on this location
 

No comments:

Post a Comment