Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vivian Campbell: "I Have Nothing But Great Admiration For Ronnie As a Singer"

Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell, who had an acrimonious split with Ronnie James Dio (DIO, Black Sabbath, Rainbos, Heaven & Hell) in the mid-'80s when the two worked together in the first incarnation of Dio's solo band, was recently asked by the Artisan News Service (see video below) for his feelings on the legendary heavy metal singer now that Ronnie has passed on.

"(I have) nothing but great admiration for Ronnie as a singer; he was the best in a genre," Vivian said. "He was a difficult man to work with, for me personally; he and I had a very terse relationship. We did make great music together; I'm very proud of those albums and I always will be. That was it, you know. But sometimes, it's chalk and cheese. It was a strange and difficult time for me. I'm sure it was just as difficult for him to have to deal with me. But it is what it is, or was what it was. But like I said, the music is the important thing, and that's what will endure even after I'm dead. (And) the music was great."


No comments:

Post a Comment