Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Monday, April 4, 2011

GnR Guitarist Richard Fortus Replaces Viv Campbell In Thin Lizzy

Thin Lizzy have recruited Guns N’ Roses guitarist Richard Fortus as the temporary replacement for Vivian Campbell, who will return to Def Leppard next month.

Campbell announced his expected departure via his facebook page following his final US show:

“Well, that was it: my last U.S. show with Lizzy — and it was a great one to end on. New guitarist Richard Fortus came and played a couple of songs. I have one final gig with them in Ireland, and the very next day we start Def Lep rehearsals.”

Campbell’s farewell performance with Lizzy will be at their Slaine Castle show on May 28 before committing to Leppards touring schedule

Campbell confirmed that he’d very much like to be involved with Lizzy in the future should his Def Leppard commitments allow:

“Absolutely! However, I continue to be fully committed to Def Leppard, and we’re going to be on the road from June of this year, so Lizzy will be using a replacement for me for their continuing summer dates. They have very kindly offered me the opportunity to come back when my schedule with Def Leppard opens up, and you can bet that I’ll be there in a heartbeat!”


No comments:

Post a Comment