Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Whitesnake: Interview with Doug Aldrich On Recording "Forevermore"

Stefan Hedengren of Softube recently conducted an interview with Whitesnake guitarist Doug Aldrich. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Softube: So you were a fan of Whitesnake before you joined the band?

Doug: A friend of mine had all their records. The one I really loved was"Come An' Get It", I just thought it was a great record. Then "Slide It In" came out and blew me away.

Softube: Can you talk a little about the recording and mixing of the new Whitesnake record?

Doug: I've always been an analog tape type of guy. I have a 24-track machine that just sounds amazing but the limitations just started to get to me. I used to sit there and clean the tape heads like three times a day!! We did the last three or four projects using Pro Tools. Analog still got a great sound but digital is getting better and better every day. If you got a good Pro Tools rig and a fast computer, there's all these kind of plugins that work really well, and that's how I got into Softube.

Read the entire interview on Softube.

No comments:

Post a Comment