Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Jane`s Addiction Singer Admits They "Annoyed" Duff McKagan

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Jane's Addiction frontman Perry Farrell admitted to Rolling Stonethat the band may have "annoyed" ex-Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan, who joined the lineup in 2009 but quit after just six months. Farrell explained, "He wasn't really comfortable hanging with us. We thought it was a good idea, but it ended up that we annoyed him." Farrell revealed that the band went into "a little bit of a tailspin" after McKagan split, adding, "Some of the guys in the group said, screw it — they didn't want to use any of the material we had written with Duff because they were so pissed off. I said, 'Don't be mad at the material, because we have some good things there.'"

For his part, McKagan told Vanity Fair, "I like trying new things and I love Perry. I've known the guys for a long time. I tried to do my best to help them out . . . We wrote some really great songs, but when I started recording with Loaded in August, I really discovered I can only do one or the other."

McKagan replaced original bassist Eric Avery, who reunited with the band in 2008 for the first time since its initial break-up in 1991.


Jane's Addiction at The Roxy from Dave Navarro on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment