Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Lita Ford: New Live Footage; M3 Rock Festival

Video footage of '80s hard rock queen Lita Ford performing her ballad "Close My Eyes Forever" at the M3 Rock Festival, which took place May 13-14, 2011 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland, can be viewed below.

In a recent interview with Classic Rock Revisited, Lita said that fans can expect to hear her "real comeback album" later this year. She explained, "The last album I did was called 'Wicked Wonderland', I put it out with Jim Gillette (ex-Nitro singer), and we were married at the time. It is kind of a Jim/Lita album and not a really true Lita album. I got a lot of spiel about that. A lot of people have told me that they want a real Lita album, and I know what they mean. They are going to get it.

She continued, "I really wasn't that comfortable with 'Wicked Wonderland' - not at all, to tell you the truth. There are parts of it that are good but it doesn't sound like a Lita record. When it got released, a lot of my fans felt weird about it and said it wasn't a Lita album. This time I want to do it on my own. The last one turned out to be more of a Jim album. We worked pretty well together. It doesn't suck, it's not a bad album; it's just not a Lita album."

No comments:

Post a Comment